|Make sure before you submit that your photo is GOOD, if you dont think it's good, we wont either!|
The standard of work here is very high, if your work isn't accepted it is because either:
- The image isnt regarded to be of a sufficient standard (that doesn't mean that your photo is bad)
- A similar image or location is already in the gallery
- You have too many images in the gallery
If you wish to know why an image is rejected please politely request feedback. You will not get feedback otherwise, not everyone wants their images critiqued. Some requests for feedback may still go unanswered if the contributors are busy.
- Please keep the number of similar images you submit down. For example I could submit 150 Dartmoor images, but 5 would be more appropriate in ensuring that other areas of our landscape arent drowned out!
- Try to submit images of locations where possible. Wider views are preferable to silhouettes of trees for example, but if you think an image is of a high enough standard and belongs here, please submit it.
Above all, this group is for sharing art, it is not a venue to boost ego's or show off, so please treat the group, members and contributors courteously.
Here are some examples of why images are rejected:
- They are over edited
- They are underexposed
- They are snapshots of sunsets
- They are poorly composed/arranged/balanced
- The light is not suited to the subject
- The subject itself is not interesting or does not represent the British landscape
- It's a good shot but its a heavily over photographed location and your image doesn't stand out.